Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Elections 2008 ~ Current Mood: Contemplative

I was thinking about this current election...when I think about the conversations and debates I heard, I've seen a lot of mudslinging. The sad part is, it's not coming from the candidates.

Why is it that politics turn us into hateful people? I even find myself wanting to say the worst about someone with a different view from me. Why can't we all vote our own way and not have to worry about a friend or even a stranger wanting to tackle us?

I have to say, I've never been the type of person who really enjoys debating but seeing all that this election has brought out of people, it makes me want to stay away even more! Don't get me wrong, I have my own very strong political views, I just would rather someone not drag me through the mud because they disagree with me.

The thing that has shocked me the most is that, I have found people, close friends even, have turned into people I wouldn't want to associate with. And it's all because of two men that no one even knows that well!! I mean, would you really turn your back on friends that you know better than two politicians??
I don't say that to discourage voting, GO VOTE it's vital to you as an American! But don't hate your friends because their view is different!

And, when did we lose courtesy for a stranger? Some people have no problem disrespecting complete strangers...have we really become this tainted??

We keep saying we want peace in this country yet we can't even practice that with each other!

This is SUCH an important election...can we please stay focused on what is best for our own lives and families and let everyone else vote their own way. Please, instead of mudslinging, maybe a better choice for us would be to pray!

No comments: