Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Love Undecribable

I had to put down in words something that I've been thinking about a lot.

Recently I was talking to someone about a song called "How he loves" and the second verse came up in conversation and this person was bothered by it and it was clear that they didn't really understand the meaning of it.

It says,

"We are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the Grace in His eyes, if Grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He LOVES US!"

When I heard this song for the first time it rocked me! The way this writer describes the LOVE of God....WOW!!

He loves us SO much that He gives us Grace and MERCY when we don't really deserve it!

When I think about that conversation, and conversations with other people that I've had, where they thought people were weird when they were going crazy in worship, I think that just maybe they have never felt His love in that way, the way that makes you not want to hold anything back from Him.

David said in 2 Samuel 6:22, "And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight."
I want to be undignified! I don't want to hold my praise back from Him!

What would happen if you ignored your spouse when they were trying to show you that they loved you, what would happen if, in public, you ignored your spouse while they were trying to love on you.
The love of God can't come close to comparing to any earthly love, but we hold back in worship, we make sure we look good, after all, we don't want to look stupid.

For a few years, I got caught up in worship as songs and music, although, at the time I thought I was giving my all. Just recently, I realized that I was holding back and it hit me hard! I decided right then and there that I was not going to hold back any longer, I was going to worship with ALL that is in me! Let me tell you something, since I made that decision I have had the most amazing time with the Lord! I feel His love in such a new way, it reminds me of my early years, when I was on fire for God, and I wonder, how did I go on so long without it!?!
This love that I feel, it's pretty amazing! I've lost all inhibitions!

One little story to finish this off....
The other day, I was listening to "Happy Day" from Jesus Culture, on my earphones in the subway station while I was waiting for the train, I couldn't help myself, I started bouncing around the platform, I was dancing in the subway!! LOL
And no, I wasn't all by myself, but I just didn't care what anyone thought of me! :) When I got on the train, I noticed this guy with earphones on, staring at me strange. Then I notice him reach down and blare his music, then he starts singing loud. When we get out of the train at my stop he bounces out in front of me and tries to beat me up the stairs.
I have no idea why he felt the need to compete! LOL (my music wasn't even loud enough for him to hear!)
But anyway, knowing that he'd seen me dancing around didn't bother me at all, in fact, it kinda made me happy!

Fear can cripple you and keep you from what God has for you....I'm no longer afraid.

2 comments:

Jewls said...

David said in 2 Samuel 6:22, "And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight."
I want to be undignified! I don't want to hold my praise back from Him!

--powerful steph & very well said... blessed my heart!! love you!!--

Joy said...

A M E N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes God MORE of us not afraid!!! Let us be like David and dance with ALL of our heart surrendered to you!!!!

Steph! Love it! I am so glad to know I am not the only one so hungry for more and dancing on subway platforms.
Love ya sis!