Friday, December 18, 2009

The real meaning of Christmas!

I have always loved the Christmas season, it's my favorite time of the year! I mean, what's not to love? The lights, the tree, the PRESENTS!!

I grew up in a Christian home and I always knew the real reason for Christmas. We were told the story of Jesus many times by our parents, Sunday school teacher, pastors, but it was easy to get caught up in the presents and Santa Claus.

As a kid, we didn't believe in Santa in our house, my parents always made it a point to tell us that my Dad was Santa! LOL And when our presents had written, "From: Santa" we knew who they were really from.

I wouldn't say I'm an extremely selfish person, but all of my life part of the excitement of Christmas, for me, was surrounded by opening the presents on Christmas day!

This year something has changed in me, although I still feel the excitement seeing the lights and decorating the tree, the presents are not important to me.

The past 5 years have been a whirlwind, a roller coaster of ups and downs and somehow through all of that I kinda became numb, the passion that I once had was dwindling.
Over the last year the Lord has brought me back to the beginning, I found an intense need for more of His presence! The more I got into His presence, the more time I spent with Him, the more I started feeling my passion return!
(I know, you're saying, "what does this have to do with Christmas?")
But the thing is, I feel like a different person!

This year Christmas is here and, I know it sounds silly but, I don't want any presents! That's huge for me!! Haha! All that I care about this year is making my family happy and serving my husband, who has served me non-stop for years without complaining!

I want to sacrifice for the ones I love! HE sacrificed for us, isn't it the least we can do for others?

This year, all I want for Christmas is more of the Lord, more of the Lord for my family! To walk in the goodness and the blessings HE has for us! I don't want to ignore His gift for me just for the new cashmere sweater under the tree!

I am SO thankful for the true gift we were given and the real reason we celebrate this season!

No comments: