Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Status Gain

Status...what is the importance of it?

I see that having a higher status, obviously, helps open doors and you are able to do more. I understand that you can gain status by your hard work and completely deserve it, but there certain people who try to gain status on their own, by trying to befriend the "right" people....STATUS GAINERS.

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe you can make connections and meet people and I believe God opens doors for you through those connections. But what I'm talking about are people who will use your friendship to get themselves to that next level.

I have learned (the hard way) that status is more of a priority to some people, than friendship. I have witnessed it many times and have at times, even been the "friend" that gets used as a step stool to the next level.

I really do know, and completely understand, that most of the time I am of no importance in the world of "big people". I came from small, we never had much and so I don't freak out because I don't have much. But I still have big dreams for myself and I believe those dreams will be lived out someday. So I'm okay with being a "little person", cause I'm not concerned with who I know and what I can get out of that person. I'm concerned with the people around me "little or big" and what I can do for them, give to them, pray for them or what I can speak into their lives, without expecting anything from them in return!

I have become aware of certain people who play this game and I refuse to play along anymore.
If you're always concerning yourself with getting to the next step and making it to the top and if you don't give anything to the friends around you, won't you just be lonely all by yourself up there??

No comments: