Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh Praise Him!

I was sitting here thinking about all of the things God is doing right now and I'm so overwhelmed!
There are times where I stay on the verge of tears, just because I am so thankful and SO in awe of the things the Lord is doing! WOW!

I'm at the point now that I so what more of the Lord that I've lost all fear, concern of what people think of me! I've had people looking at me strange, even call me crazy, but I just don't care anymore! When the Lord does something in mine or another person's life I am going to get excited, I am going to rejoice, I may even have a breakaway down 8Th Ave!
Why? Because, THE LORD IS GREAT AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED!! (Psalm 48:1)

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 9:1
I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders

Psalm 18:49
Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD; I will sing praises to your name.

Not one time did we hear David say, "unless people are looking and think I'm crazy"
Hello?! David danced NAKED!
Oh, but forgive me, that was in the bible and those times are over. NO! Come on!
Get up! Praise him for the things that he has done!
I'm not saying go dance in the streets naked, but sometimes, when the Lord does something great, you just need to make a little noise praising Him!

Last week God did something for a friend of mine that completely blew my mind!
He gave her the desires of her heart, she had been praying for so long, friends were praying with her, and after all the praying HE DID IT!
And the amazing thing is, He didn't just answer the prayer, He made sure there was no way anyone could doubt His work!!
I'm still in awe!
If that's not something to get excited about then what is??

God has started a fire in me and I am not going to put it out because of fear.
I'm praying right now, that the Lord would begin to stir things in YOU and that it would be so strong that you wouldn't be able to contain it!

Hebrews 12:26-29 (New International Version)
At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."

3 comments:

Frenika said...

AMEN!! May His fire burn within you continuously!

jsangervasi said...

Love it! I am still blown away at HIS awesomeness!

Anna Banana said...

Oh, this is so GREAT and exactly what I've been feeling these last few weeks as well.